Table of Contents
Learn about 5 different types of Invisalign treatment and how they work
Invisalign is a dental appliance used for treating protruding teeth and misaligned bites. Invisalign is a series of clear aligners placed over the teeth to gradually shift them back to their natural alignment. It is a popular dental treatment that has helped over 12.8 million individuals rectify their misaligned and crooked teeth.
Invisalign is easy to use, and it can be removed from time to time. Because they are made of clear plastic, they are barely noticeable when placed over teeth. Aligners are more convenient and comfortable than traditional metal braces and less irritating for gums and teeth.
Unlike braces, treatment with Invisalign requires fewer check-ups, hence saving time.
Invisalign is a suitable treatment option for kids, teens, and adults. Five types of Invisalign are available to meet the specific needs of different patients. Let us take a look at them.
- Invisalign Comprehensive or Invisalign Full is the preferred treatment for rectifying moderate to severe dental misalignments. It is used for patients with severe orthodontic complexities such as crooked teeth, overjet, underbite, or crowded teeth.
Invisalign Comprehensive works by continuously exerting pressure over teeth, gradually shifting them to the desired place. Invisalign Comprehensive comprises a series of transparent splints that exert pressure gently over the teeth. These splints are usually made of high-quality, BPA-free plastic.
Invisalign Express is a quick, effective clear aligner program for treating milder orthodontic issues. It is used for treating the following dental issues:
- Minimal teeth rotation
- Crowding or spacing that does not exceed 2 mm per arch
- Midline spacing of less than 2 mm
- Dental expansion of no more than 1.5 mm
Invisalign Express is ideal for those individuals that have undergone orthodontic treatment before but need a retouch. Ten to twenty aligners are used to move the teeth with no wires or brackets. Invisalign Express is cheaper than traditional orthodontic treatments.
- Invisalign Teen is a specific cure for teenagers and their precious smiles. Invisalign teen aligners are specially designed for growing mouths to deliver lifelong smiles with permanent results. This treatment is recommended for 12 to 13 years old teenagers because, by that point, all the permanent teeth have erupted. Invisalign teen aligners are more comfortable, easily removable, and nearly invisible.
Invisalign First (Kids)
- Invisalign First is an innovative treatment for kids whose teeth are still growing. It is used to correct the position of growing teeth and is the best alternative to braces and other orthodontic appliances. Invisalign First starts with dental arch expansion, which works by expanding and contouring a child’s jaw. Treatment time and result depend on the patient’s condition, how a child reacts, and whether they wear aligners as instructed.
Invisalign i7 is a customized procedure tailored to fix minor orthodontic issues. It uses up to 7 transparent aligners to treat the following issues:
- Orthodontic relapses
- Minor crowding
- Minimal spacing issues
- Slightly crooked teeth
Invisalign i7 gives fast results within three to four months. i7 aligners are custom-made for individual patients and perfectly fit over the teeth. Invisalign i7 treatment is equally beneficial for both adults and teens. It’s a dedicated care plan for specific orthodontic needs.
Contact Icon Dental Orthodontics today to schedule an appointment for your orthodontic needs in Seattle or Everett. Our expert dentists are dedicated to providing the best orthodontic treatment, from prevention and diagnosis to treatment and beyond. Trust us to help you achieve a healthier, more beautiful smile. For consultations or bookings, call us at 206-225-2882 for Seattle and 425-337-2400 for Everett appointments.