Digital X-raysWe use state of the art digital X-rays and digital cameras to help with an accurate diagnosis of any concerns including cavities and issues with bite and teeth/jaw alignment. Digital X-rays use less radiation to get a diagnostic picture of your teeth and they help the environment by eliminating the use of chemicals to process the film.
Intra-Oral CamerasIntra-oral cameras are small – about the size of the mirror we use during your regular hygiene appointments. You probably wouldn’t even notice we’re using it! With the aid of an intra-oral camera, we can see every aspect of your teeth and mouth with incredible detail. This invasive method of assessing any orthodontic issues means we can deliver a confident diagnosis, quicker.
iTero™ Digital ImpressionsAn accurate impression is essential for effective treatment planning and orthodontic care. The iOC Scanner captures the contours of tooth and gingival structures, producing an accurate digital orthodontic scan in just minutes. It greatly reduces the need to take traditional putty impressions of your teeth.
About iTeroThe iTero handheld wand takes a digital, 3D image of your prepared teeth, stopping as needed. You can look at the iTero 3D image on the screen in real-time. Now, instead of waiting for traditional putty impressions to the lab to be scanned, the digital image is electronically sent to the lab and is available in the Invisalign Clincheck system the next day. The accuracy and detail of the iTero scan vs a putty impression is like watching HDTV over standard definition TV. Plus, no goopy aftertaste! These digital scans don’t need to be re-scanned so by removing the “clay modeling step” we have greatly improved the accuracy.
Benefits of Teeth Scanning
- Eliminates impressions, the most invasive procedure in daily orthodontic care.
- Superior accuracy with no distortion from patient movement during setup time, removal of impression, or disinfection.
- Onscreen Visualization allows for immediate adjustment to create the ideal orthodontic scan the first time.
- Increased patient comfort by eliminating the goop and gagging with traditional impressions.
- Single-use imaging shield to ensure maximum cleanliness.