For years, bridges and dentures were the only treatment options available for people who were missing teeth. Today, dental implants have changed patients’ lives by restoring their smiles, their ability to eat the foods they wish, and their confidence. They are designed to provide a foundation for replacement teeth that look, feel and function like natural teeth.
No one should go through life hiding their mouth when they speak or smile! At Icon Dental Center, our dental implant patients are treated by experienced periodontist. Dr. Yassin has specialized training in dental implant surgery and uses the latest and most advanced dental implant technology.
What are Dental Implants?
The implant process involves attaching a custom-made artificial tooth to an anchor post that is surgically implanted in the jawbone. This post integrates into the bone providing a firm anchor on which natural-looking, custom-made restorations can be placed.
Dental implants can be used to replace missing teeth, support dental bridges and secure dentures.
Benefits of Dental Implants
- Look, feel and function like regular teeth
- Allow you to eat virtually any type of food
- Preserve facial structure
- Permit you to smile with confidence
- Prevent bone deterioration that might occur as a result of missing teeth
- Dental implant restorations never decay
- Comfortable and convenient
- Make dentures secure and reliable
- Restore proper chewing and full strength of your bite
- Long-lasting tooth restoration solution unlike dentures and bridges
- Retain your natural face shape and smile
When it comes to replacing missing teeth, dental implants are the only option that preserves and stimulates natural bone which helps stimulate bone growth and prevents bone loss.
When Teeth Are Lost
Losing a tooth or teeth can not only be devastating to your appearance and confidence but can also lead to other physical problems which can impact your health and facial structure. Some health consequences that can occur as a result of missing teeth include:
- Bone loss
- Shifting and drifting of teeth
- Alteration in the bite as a result of shifting teeth
- Jaw joint problems
- Difficulty in chewing properly
- Additional stress on the remaining teeth
Dental Implant Specialist vs. General Dentist
There is a significant difference between a general dentist who offers dental implants and dental implants performed by a specialist. Successful implant dentistry requires knowledge of the latest science, as well as innovative techniques. It requires expertise in planning, surgery and tooth restoration. Periodontists train for three additional years beyond dental school and are specially trained in the placement, maintenance and repair of dental implants. At Icon Dental Center, our periodontist Dr. Yassin is Board-Certified in Periodontics and dental implant surgery. This allows our implant patients to receive the highest level of care.
Are you an Implant Candidate?
Determining whether you are a candidate or not depends on your needs and the condition of your jawbone. We request that you schedule an appointment for an evaluation so we may determine if you are a good candidate for implants.
The best candidates for dental implants are:
- In good general and oral health
- Missing one or multiple teeth
- Broken or decayed teeth to the gumline that is non-restorable
- Have adequate bone in the jaw and healthy gum tissue which is free of periodontal disease