Table of Contents
Why orthodontic treatments are more affordable and accessible than ever
Orthodontics is a branch of dental science that deals with the irregular positioning of teeth and jaws. People with protruding, crooked, or misaligned teeth can benefit greatly from orthodontic treatments. The apparent benefit of orthodontic treatments is to get straighter teeth and a more symmetrical smile. However, orthodontic treatment does more than simply improve your physical appearance.
Let us take a look at some of the proven ways investing in orthodontic treatments benefit individuals who suffer from dental irregularities.
Reduce The Risk of Cavities and Dental Decay
- The health of the teeth and gums is directly connected with your dental hygiene practices. Toothbrushes are designed for the average straight set of teeth. With crowded, misaligned, or protruding teeth, the brush’s bristles do not reach every nook and corner. Food particles remain stuck in these hard-to-reach areas, and they become breeding grounds for bacteria, leading to cavities and tooth decay.
Getting rid of dental irregularities makes it easier to brush and floss more effectively. This reduces the risk of developing cavities, dental decay, and abscess. Orthodontic treatment also makes it easier to carry out other dental procedures such as gum graft, pocket reduction, scaling, and root planning.
- Hence, you can establish a better oral health regimen with a straighter set of teeth.
Ensure Optimal Functionality of the Mouth
- Orthodontic issues such as bad bite, overbite, underbite, crowding, etc, make it difficult to bite and chew food – the two most essential functions of the teeth. If the food is not ground adequately, it can lead to digestive problems. People who suffer from dental irregularities are usually limited to eating certain types of foods. Orthodontic treatments allow individuals to enjoy a wide variety of food without worrying about indigestion.
Prevent The Development of TMJ Disorder
- The movement of the jaw is affected by how both sets of teeth come together when biting and chewing. Any form of malocclusion can cause dysfunction in the jaw joints on both ends of the mouth. If you have irregular teeth, it becomes difficult to bite and chew. To carry out these oral functions, joints have to undergo irregular movement, which can increase the risk of TMJ disorder.
Orthodontics treatments improve oral functions and ensure the natural movement of TMJ. Hence, orthodontic treatments prevent the development of TMJ disorder.
Prevent Early Wear of the Teeth
- Tooth wear results in permanent loss of the tooth structure and impacts the biting function of the teeth. Tooth wear usually occurs when the teeth experience uneven force distribution and unusual wear patterns, both due to malocclusions. Visible wear and tear of the teeth is very common in people who suffer from bad bites and misaligned teeth.
Hence, with orthodontic treatments, you can save precious tooth materials from being damaged and ensure their longevity.
Improved Self Esteem Image
- A symmetrical set of teeth lead to a beautiful smile. Protruding or crowded teeth can make us conscious and prevent us from smiling freely or speaking too much. Dental irregularities can have a negative effect on a person’s self-esteem and image.
Orthodontic treatments are the easiest, quickest, and most straightforward way of fixing dental irregularities and regaining confidence in your smile.
Contact Icon Dental Orthodontics today to schedule an appointment with the best orthodontists in Seattle or Everett. Our expert dentists are dedicated to providing the best orthodontic treatment, from prevention and diagnosis to treatment and beyond. Trust us to help you achieve a healthier, more beautiful smile. For consultations or bookings, call us at (206) 225-2882 for Seattle and 425-337-2400 for Everett appointments.