Table of Contents
Straight smiles, happy kids – A comprehensive guide to Invisalign for children!
Parents play an essential role in their child’s oral health journey, and Invisalign can make a significant difference in ensuring a confident and healthy smile. Invisalign for children offers a modern and discreet solution for correcting teeth misalignment and bite problems. Keep reading to understand everything you need about Invisalign to make informed decisions about your child’s dental well-being.
Invisalign’s Effectiveness Is Comparable To Braces
- When used correctly, Invisalign is equally as effective as traditional braces. It can effectively address common orthodontic concerns, including underbites, overbites, overcrowding, and gaps between teeth.
Invisalign can provide treatment for mild to severe cases. Therefore, it is a suitable and convenient treatment option for children. The average treatment duration is similar to braces, and the cost is also within a comparable range.
Invisalign Offers Convenience
- Invisalign aligners are designed for complete removal. Your child can easily take them out when it’s time to eat and brush their teeth. The aim is to wear aligners for 20 to 22 hours daily. This flexibility is especially beneficial for children. It allows them to have their aligners off for several hours each day.
Kids involved in band or sports activities can maintain regular routines without interruption. This level of convenience is not achievable with traditional braces, which are fixed in place. In addition, your child won’t have to give up eating popcorn or other favorite treats. Moreover, the treatment with Invisalign is notably less painful.
Invisalign Reduces Cavity Risk
- Building a strong oral hygiene routine in children is crucial, especially when they have orthodontic issues. While traditional braces have advantages, they often require kids to adopt new tools and spend more time in oral care than they’d prefer. In addition, it can be challenging for kids to maintain oral hygiene with braces.
They create spaces where food can get trapped, and plaque can accumulate in challenging-to-reach areas that are hard to clean thoroughly. On the other hand, Invisalign allows your children to remove their aligners while eating and brushing their teeth. There’s no need for them to change their oral hygiene routine. This relieves their stress and alleviates your concerns as a parent.
Require Less Dental Visits
- Today’s children and teens have exceptionally busy lives. They’re often involved in multiple sports, extracurricular activities, and more. Finding time for homework and relaxation can be challenging, let alone scheduling dental appointments.
Invisalign is an excellent choice for straightening your child’s teeth because it minimizes the time spent in the dentist’s chair. While you’ll still have monthly or bi-monthly check-ins to monitor progress, your child can change aligners at home, offering more flexibility to their busy schedules.
- A common worry parents have about Invisalign is the possibility of their kids misplacing their aligners. While this can happen, most dental offices provide cost-effective options for replacing lost aligners.
Even diligent kids and teens might occasionally misplace an aligner. In such cases, your dentist will collaborate with you to obtain an affordable replacement for the missing aligner.
Maintaining Clean Aligners is Easy
- Maintenance of aligners is simple. Remove them while brushing and flossing. Next, brush the aligners with a soft toothbrush and lukewarm water. Avoid using toothpaste since it can be too abrasive and might cause visible scratch marks on the aligners.
If your children find it challenging to keep their aligners clean with this routine, Invisalign offers its own cleaning system, which can be purchased for further convenience.
Contact Icon Dental Orthodontics today to schedule an appointment with the best orthodontists in Seattle or Everett. Our expert dentists are dedicated to providing the best orthodontic treatment for kids, from prevention and diagnosis to treatment and beyond. Trust us to help you achieve a healthier, more beautiful smile. For consultations or bookings, call us at (206) 225-2882 for Seattle and (425) 337-2400 for Everett appointments.