Table of Contents
Who else wants to learn 5 intriguing facts about Invisalign?
Invisalign aligners are an attractive and significantly less discomforting alternative to conventional metal braces, making them popular among patients. They present an excellent method for straightening teeth, saving patients from the inconvenience of metal braces. The revolutionary progress in teeth alignment is attributed to modern technology. Keep reading to learn some interesting facts about Invisalign.
Invisalign Has Been Transforming Smiles For Over Two Decades
- Invisalign is an innovative teeth straightening solution with an impressive history spanning over two decades. This cutting-edge technology was first introduced in 1997 by Zia Chishti and Wesley Wirth, two accomplished Stanford graduates.
Invisalign was approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 1998. It quickly became available to patients seeking a modern and effective alternative to traditional braces. Invisalign has continued to evolve since then, gaining widespread recognition and transforming the teeth alignment approach.
Invisalign Has Changed The Lives Of 10 Million Patients
- Align Technologies, the pioneering manufacturer of Invisalign, revealed in April 2021 that over 10 million patients worldwide have received Invisalign treatment to enhance their smiles. 2.6 million patients among this impressive figure were teenagers.
This signifies a remarkable achievement in dental innovation and orthodontic care. With millions of patients receiving this treatment, Invisalign has become a preferred choice for achieving beautifully aligned smiles across the globe.
It Is An Individualized Approach To Teeth Alignment
- Every patient gets a tailor-made experience to achieve the perfect smile. The process begins when a skilled dental professional takes molds of the patient’s teeth. This is done to capture the unique contours and arrangement of each patient’s dental structure.
Additionally, these molds serve as the blueprint for making the Invisalign trays. Each aligner is precisely created per the patient’s dental needs by leveraging advanced 3D printing techniques.
Reduces Your Office Visits For Teeth Alignment
- Invisalign significantly reduces the number of office visits required throughout the treatment process compared to traditional braces. This is another one of the remarkable advantages of Invisalign. It eliminates the frequent adjustments and tightening sessions typically associated with metal braces, offering a more streamlined approach. In addition, patients are provided with several sets of aligner trays to take home.
They can switch to the next aligner in the series at a predetermined time, as their trusted dental provider instructed. This ensures smooth progression through the treatment journey without requiring regular official visits. However, occasional dental visits are still necessary as they allow the orthodontist to monitor the progress of your treatment and make necessary adjustments if needed. Nevertheless, these visits are fewer than the regular appointments associated with traditional braces.
Allows You To Witness Your Dental Transformation
- Catching a glimpse of your future smile even before your Invisalign journey begins seems like a dream. However, this is now entirely possible with Invisalign’s cutting-edge approach. A detailed impression of your teeth is taken at the beginning of the treatment. A digital representation is created of how your teeth will look once the Invisalign treatment is completed.
This use of modern technology allows you to see the remarkable transformation even before the changes have occurred. This boosts confidence and excitement during your orthodontic treatment.
Transform your smile and boost your confidence with Invisalign Treatment. Contact Icon Dental Orthodontics today to schedule an appointment for your orthodontic needs in Seattle or Everett. Our expert dentists are dedicated to providing the best orthodontic treatment, from prevention and diagnosis to treatment and beyond. Trust us to help you achieve a healthier, more beautiful smile. For consultations or bookings, call us at (206) 225-2882 for Seattle and (425) 337-2400 for Everett appointments.