Orthodontist vs dentist – Who should you trust with your smile? Have you ever wondered, what is the difference between an orthodontist and a regular
Invisalign for Adults
Welcome to Icon Dental Orthodontics
Icon Dental Orthodontics offers the best orthodontics services in Seattle and Everett. We take pride in our team of expert and professional dentists skilled in all aspects of orthodontics. We are a fully integrated group, and we offer consultative services for the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of all orthodontic issues.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an effective and convenient orthodontic method that uses custom-made, 3D-printed clear aligners to straighten the patient’s teeth and create a symmetrical smile. Most adults are set in their ways, and any change makes them uncomfortable. Invisalign is a convenient way to rectify your dental problems without bringing any significant lifestyle changes.
Invisalign for Adults
Untreated orthodontic issues don’t go on their own and persist during adulthood. Unfortunately, many adults shy away from getting treatment for their orthodontic problems because they assume they are too old for it. However, the good news is that adults, too, can benefit from modern orthodontic treatments such as Invisalign. So whether young or old, with Invisalign, say goodbye to your dental woes. Visit our Everett orthodontics and Seattle orthodontics today for more details, Washington.
Meet Dr. Keyvan Sohrabi | Best Invisalign Specialist
Dr. Keyvan Sohrabi is a well-known and leading orthodontist for Adults, teenagers, and children. Dr. Keyvan Sohrabi provides you with the highest level of orthodontic treatment and orthodontic consultation in Everett and Seattle and provides Invisalign and both traditional and lingual braces.
Is Invisalign The Right Fit For Adults?
Dental irregularities can make you self-conscious. Many adults want straight teeth but are not comfortable with the idea of wearing metal braces. Invisalign offers an easy and discreet solution for crooked and protruding teeth. Invisalign is just as effective for adults as it is for teens and children. However, the treatment time can be a little longer with adults because permanent teeth require more time and effort to change position. Invisalign has given outstanding results in treating the following orthodontic issues in adults:
- Crooked and crowded teeth
- Irregular gaps and spacing
- Open bite
How Does Invisalign Work for Adults?
The overall process for Invisalign treatment is quite different from braces. Orthodontic treatments for adults take longer because permanent teeth require more time and effort than baby teeth. Invisalign for adults comprises the following steps:
- The orthodontist will take an impression of your teeth which will be used to create a mold. Through this mold, the first set of aligners will be made.
- As the treatment progresses, your teeth will shift and start to change position. To accommodate your shifting teeth, new sets of aligners will be made to replace the old ones.
- This process will continue till the desired dental symmetry is achieved.
- To preserve the new position of your teeth, the orthodontist will recommend you wear a retainer for some time.
On average, the entire process takes 12-18 months.
Looking For Advanced Invisalign Service For Adults Near You?
Prominent Perks of Invisalign for Adults
Invisalign is the most preferred choice of orthodontic treatment for adults because of the following advantages:
- Invisalign offers discretion. They are nearly invisible, so adults can wear them without drawing attention. With Invisalign, you don’t have to worry about wires, rubber bands, and brackets poking out of your mouth.
- Invisalign offers the flexibility to continue with your teeth whitening treatment as usual. All you have to do is remove the aligners while applying whitening gels. Whitening treatments cannot be carried out with braces because some portion of the teeth gets hidden due to the brackets.
- Invisalign is made from soft and flexible BPA-free plastic. They are convenient to wear and will straighten your teeth without causing pain and discomfort. Braces can be quite painful to wear, especially when they are placed over the teeth for the first time or when the brackets have been tightened recently.
- Invisalign shifts your teeth gradually and subtly. Due to the gradual shifting of teeth, you won’t experience the headache usually associated with wearing braces.
- Invisalign prevents mindless snacking by adults.
Being a fully-functioning adult, you should be free to smile as you desire. Invisalign can fix your dental irregularities with comfort and convenience. For more information on Invisalign treatment for adults, contact Icon Dental Orthodontics. We offer the best Invisalign solution at discounted rates.
From Our Blog
Elevate your smile – Invisalign’s journey to conquer 5 common orthodontic issues! A person’s smile leaves a lasting impression; hence, we are all conscious of
Who else wants to learn 5 intriguing facts about Invisalign? Invisalign aligners are an attractive and significantly less discomforting alternative to conventional metal braces, making
Learn about 5 different types of Invisalign treatment and how they work Invisalign is a dental appliance used for treating protruding teeth and misaligned bites.
What People Say
Frequently Asked Questions About Orthodontist
An orthodontist is a specialized dentist who prevents, diagnoses, and treats misaligned teeth and irregularities in the face and jaw. They use specialized appliances such as braces and aligners to make teeth more symmetrical.
Orthodontics treatments serve two purposes:
- Rectify the dental irregularities and encourage optimal functioning of teeth. They also prevent teeth wear and tear due to grinding, overbite, and underbite.
- By making teeth more symmetrical, they improve the aesthetics of the face.
Yes, The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that by the time your child reaches seven years of age, he should have his first dental checkup with an orthodontist.
Teeth extraction is not a part of regular orthodontic treatments. However, it becomes necessary in the following scenarios:
- The patient has severely crowded teeth.
- The presence of impacted teeth, i.e., when the teeth become trapped underneath the gum line.