Here are 6 magnificent benefits of Invisalign over traditional braces
A set of pearly white straight teeth is the hallmark of an attractive face. However, not everyone is blessed with straight teeth. A lot of people have crooked, crowded, misaligned teeth and suffer from issues such as an overbite and an underbite. Traditionally, clunky metal braces have been used to align misplaced teeth, but metal braces have multiple disadvantages. Nowadays, dentists recommend using Invisalign braces for correcting orthodontic issues, as they are much safer and give faster results.
Invisalign are transparent aligners that are fitted on one’s teeth. Over time, they straighten up the teeth by modifying their position. They have multiple advantages over traditional metal braces which are listed below:
1) Require Less Maintenance
- Traditional braces require thorough cleaning frequently. Food particles, especially sticky particles, have a tendency to get stuck in the wires and elastics. Cleaning your metal braces can be quite a hassle. Invisalign are low-maintenance aligners. Take the aligner trays out of your mouth and clean them with a toothbrush and warm water. Cleaning them once a day is more than enough.
2) Don’t Need Multiple Dental Visits
- When you start the Invisalign treatment program, you receive multiple aligner trays. Some are for the current phase and some for the next phases. Hence, you won’t need to visit the dentist for every adjacent phase unless there is an emergency.
Metal braces require some fixes every now and then such as tightening the rubber bands or wires. With metal braces, you need to visit your dentist more often.
3) No Food Restrictions
- Metal braces come with multiple food restrictions. Sticky and hard food items can damage the braces and dentists recommend avoiding them. With Invisalign aligners, you have the freedom to eat anything and everything. There are no restrictions. All you need to do is remove the aligners before eating and put them back on after rinsing and brushing your teeth.
4) Aesthetically Pleasant
- One of the best things about Invisalign aligners is that they are see-through and won’t make you stand out. They are barely noticeable and don’t make patients conscious. They are especially suitable for adult orthodontic patients who cannot afford to wear metal braces because of their appearance.
5) Comfortable to Wear
- Invisalign braces are comfortable and convenient to wear. You can remove the tray anytime you want to especially when performing complex tasks such as eating, brushing and flossing, etc. Metal braces can cause quite a lot of discomfort. Teeth are straightened by the tension in the brackets and wires. Sometimes, the tension from the brackets can lead to soreness inside the mouth. They scrape against your tongue and gums which causes pain and discomfort.
Metal braces also interfere while eating, brushing, and flossing, making them difficult to perform.
6) Improves Dental Health and Fixes Orthodontic Issues
Invisalign are ideal for correcting several orthodontic issues such as:
- Crossbite: upper teeth fit behind lower teeth when the mouth is closed.
- Overbite: Upper teeth overlap teeth
- Underbite: lower teeth extend farther than the upper set of teeth
- Gap teeth: noticeable space between teeth, especially the front row teeth
- Open bite: vertical gap exists between the front teeth of upper and lower sets of teeth
- Crowded teeth: Permanent teeth overlap baby teeth.
By fixing these issues, better dental health can be ensured.
We can conclude that Invisalign is the safer, better, and more convenient choice for multiple orthodontic issues. To begin your Invisalign treatment, contact Icon Dental Center. We provide multiple orthodontic treatments in Seattle, Everett, and nearby areas.