Here is a list of the top 10 fun facts about Invisalign sure to surprise you
For decades, braces have been associated with hiding your smile because they are unappealing to look at and people shied away from smiling when they had braces on. Although important, they were never trendy or in fashion. With Invisalign, you don’t have to worry about hiding your smile whilst you fix your teeth. It allows you to smile more with its transparent structure that helps you get the teeth you have always wanted.
Invisalign is a new dental treatment launched by Align Technology as an alternative to traditional metal braces. The product aims to provide a dental service that gives people confidence in their smiles.
How Is Invisalign Different From Braces?
Invisalign has many benefits that set it apart from braces. Unlike braces, Invisalign is a clear and discrete product, especially in images. It does not give many issues in eating certain types of food either. Braces are easy to notice and can be painful to install. In most cases, they require special care and maintenance which is hard to do.
10 Interesting Facts About Invisalign
Since Invisalign is a relatively new treatment, there are many things that customers do not know. Here are some of the most interesting facts about this new treatment:
- You can easily remove Invisalign braces whenever you have to eat, floss, or brush your teeth. There is no restriction on how often you remove them as long as you carefully wear them again.
- The Invisalign treatment does not hurt anymore or less than regular braces. This is because they are designed to apply force on your teeth to straighten them out. However, there is less discomfort associated with wearing them in the long run.
- The product is just as useful for adults as it is for children. It can help fix adult teeth and provide them with a better smile. Many celebrities use the Invisalign treatment as well.
- Invisalign braces do not irritate your gums once you start the treatment. They are very gentle and accomodating in your oral cavity. It is easy to get used to wearing them and within a week they become a part of your daily routine.
- The aligners are custom-made to fit your teeth’ positions and are different for every patient. This ensures a better fit and more comfortability for the user.
- Although the aligners may look like simple plastic or teeth whitening trays, they are actually different. Invisalign products are made from thermoplastic that is durable, safe, and can stand the pressure required to align your teeth.
- Typically the aligners are changed every two weeks. It takes about three weeks to address complex alignment issues and around ten days to address less complex alignment issues. They work fast and the treatment is often continued.
- After the Invisalign treatment, many people need retainers to make sure their teeth do not go back to their original positions. This however is not needed for minor corrections in tooth position or alignment.
- Every day more and more people are using the Invisalign treatment and the numbers have crossed over a million patients.
- Invisalign treatments are fairly invisible. You can notice them only if you are in very close proximity to a user but to a general audience and cameras, they are undetectable.
At Icon Dental Center, we provide you with the best dental healthcare in Everett and Seattle. You can find a detailed list of the Invisalign treatment that we offer on our website. For a consultation or a booking, call us at 206-225-2882 for Seattle and 425-337-2400 for Everett.