Table of Contents
Discover simple strategies for sedation dentistry relief
Dental anxiety is common, and nearly 36% of patients experience it. A painful dental experience in the past is the primary cause of dental anxiety. Patients avoid visits to dentists because of the fear of the treatment. Sedation dentistry is the ideal option for such patients. Continue reading to discover why you should consider sedation dentistry.
Helps You Relax Through The Long Procedure
- During lengthy procedures, patients with dental anxiety feel less and less relaxed. Sedation dentistry can help by making your dental treatment session go faster. It makes patients incredibly comfortable and relaxed. Patients usually fall asleep and wake up when the session is over. Dentists can work much faster when a patient is still and calm. Thus, helping your appointment end faster.
In addition, sedation dentistry can change the perspective of patients who dread visiting the dentist. When patients find out how comfortable the procedure becomes with sedation dentistry, they don’t mind visiting the dentist for the next session. Furthermore, dental anxiety usually ends after only a few appointments, thereby eliminating the need for sedation for future treatments.
It Saves Time And Money
- If you require more than one dental procedure but do not want to schedule multiple appointments, sedation dentistry can help you. It makes you feel comfortable enough to complete all your procedures in one sitting. This reduces the cost of multiple appointments. In addition, it saves time. The procedures are quickly completed in one visit while you relax.
Prevents Teeth And Gum Diseases
- Dental anxiety prevents patients from visiting their dentists, even for the most straightforward dental cleanings. As a result, the continuous buildup of plaque and tartar can lead to cavities and gum diseases.
Regular dental visits can help identify dental problems in their early stages. Dental issues can worsen if left untreated, causing pain and tooth loss. Sedation dentistry reduces dental anxiety and allows you to get preventive treatments that improve your teeth and gum health.
Reduces Gag Reflexes
- Patients with a strong gag reflex might gag or throw up during the procedure. This is embarrassing and makes it incredibly difficult for the dentist to carry out the procedure. Sedation dentistry eliminates all these issues by allowing you to relax enough to reduce the strength of the gag reflex.
It makes It Easy To Sit Still
- Some patients find it hard to sit still during a medical procedure or due to severe pain. These patients can use sedation dentistry to sit still for extended periods. When sedation is administered, patients sit comfortably without needing to move around. This makes it easy for the dentist to perform the procedure.
In addition, different options of sedation are available that can be chosen depending on the procedure and the patient’s preference. Oral conscious sedation is helpful when dentists need to ask questions during the procedure. This type of sedation keeps patients awake enough to speak. It is useful for patients who require more intense levels of treatment.
Improves The Quality Of Life
- Dental anxiety can impact the quality of your life by making it difficult for patients to sleep the night before their appointment. Neglecting dental visits can compromise your oral health and overall well-being. Sedation dentistry causes appointments to become a stress-free and relaxing experience. Your oral health and quality of life will significantly improve by getting the dental care you need.
If you want to have a comfortable experience during your dental appointment, sedation dentistry will help you get there. Get in touch with our experts at Icon Dental Center, and we will let you know if sedation dentistry is right for you. We are a team of highly specialized dental professionals providing top-notch dental services in Everett and Seattle. Call us today at 206-225-2882, and let us take care of your dental treatment needs.