Table of Contents
Discover the incredible benefits of professional teeth whitening from a dentist near you
A bright smile can change the way you feel about yourself. A variety of teeth bleaching products are available at the local drug store. Some of these products may work well. However, the benefits of professional teeth whitening treatment are unparalleled. Keep reading to find out the fantastic advantages of professional teeth whitening treatment.
Evenly Whitened Teeth
- Store-bought teeth whitening products come in one generic fit that may fit perfectly, poorly, or not at all. Teeth whitening products that are not custom-made usually result in teeth with different shades of white. On the other hand, a dental professional creates a tailor-made bleaching solution to match every patient’s unique needs. For instance, if a patient requires teeth trays, a dentist will make them based on the mold of the patient’s teeth.
Remove Stubborn Stains
- Over time, unsightly stains form on the surface of teeth. Some colors, such as fluorosis or tetracycline stains go deep into the enamel and are hard to remove. The removal of such stains requires professional teeth whitening treatments. The teeth whitening solutions available at the drug stores contain a minimal concentration of peroxide that is only useful for removing light stains. For severely stained teeth, a professional treatment works best.
Require Shorter Time
- DIY teeth bleaching techniques do not guarantee perfect results and take several weeks. However, in-office professional teeth whitening treatment works much faster and provides promising results. The process requires only a handful of sessions resulting in perfectly white teeth.
Professionals use more concentrated bleaching solutions that provide dramatic results within an hour. Some dentists also offer customized at-home solutions that allow you to whiten your teeth at the convenience of your schedule. These solutions provide excellent results in a few days.
- Buying a tooth bleaching kit from the nearest drug store may save you a trip to the dentist. However, one wrong move can cause teeth damage. While they are generally safe, misuse or overuse can cause more harm than good. This is especially true if you have other untreated teeth or gum diseases.
Even though professional whitening treatments contain more bleaching agents, they are safer and better than over-the-counter products. In addition, professionals take the proper measures to prevent irritation to your mouth, teeth, and gums. Therefore, it is better to go for clinically proven and reliable professional teeth whitening treatment.
Opportunity For A Dental Checkup
- Before performing the treatment, a dentist performs a dental exam. Any tooth or gum issues found are treated before teeth whitening is done. Thus, a professional teeth whitening treatment provides an opportunity for a dental checkup. The dentist will additionally protect the patient’s gum from exposure to a bleaching agent, thereby ruling out potential damage from the bleaching solution.
Save Time And Money
- Teeth whitening may not be suitable for all patients. For instance, if a root canal causes discoloration, the dentist will advise the patient to cover the teeth with a veneer or crown. However. when the patients opt for an at-home teeth whitening treatment, they have no idea whether or not teeth whitening is an option and end up wasting their time and money.
Boost Your Self-Confidence
- Teeth are the first thing people notice when they look at you. Discolored teeth can make you feel self-conscious. On the other hand, a perfect smile has the power to boost your confidence by changing the way you look. You don’t have to hide your smile with a professional teeth whitening treatment. Getting a beautiful smile is as simple as taking a trip to the dentist.
Contact Icon Dental Center today for teeth whitening treatment. We are one of the best dental professionals operating in Everett and Seattle. Call us today at 206-225-2882, and let us help you smile with greater confidence.