Here are the answers to the most commonly asked question about Invisalign treatment
A beautiful smile can change the way you look. Crooked and unevenly spaced teeth can decrease your confidence and cause discomfort. Since misaligned teeth are hard to clean, they can give rise to tooth decay, periodontal disease, and other issues. For individuals who want to avoid traditional braces, invisible aligners are an attractive option. Here are some frequently asked questions about Invisalign treatment.
What Is Invisalign Treatment?
- Invisalign is an invisible way to straighten crooked teeth and achieve your desired smile. A series of clear aligners are custom-made for each patient’s teeth. The aligners move the teeth slowly until they are aligned into the final position. The aligners are made of flexible plastic material and are removable. This teeth straightening treatment depends on each patient’s needs and response.
How Does Invisalign Work?
- The dentist takes orthodontic records of the patient’s teeth, such as dental impressions. The dentist fills out an Invisalign treatment planning form. A digital treatment plan which is unique for each patient is created. This plan maps out the exact movements of the teeth. This is additionally helpful for designing Invisalign clear aligners.
The aligners apply the required amount of force at the right time. The patient’s teeth are straightened millimeter by millimeter. The orthodontist ensures your aligners fit correctly and monitors the progress throughout the process.
What Are The Benefits Of Invisalign Treatment?
Invisalign is a prevalent treatment that has several benefits over traditional braces. The benefits include:
Invisalign Is Invisible
- Invisalign clear aligners are nearly invisible and may not be noticed while you are wearing them. They do not contain metal brackets or wires that irritate the patient’s mouth.
- Invisalign aligners can be easily removed to eat, drink, brush, and floss. Regular brushing and flossing help to keep your teeth and gums healthy.
- Patented SmartTrack material is used to make Invisalign clear aligners. The material is much more comfortable and fits perfectly. In addition, the aligners are trimmed as per the shape of the gum line for added comfort.
- The appointments for Invisalign treatment can be easily integrated into the patient’s schedule. Sessions are usually short, but a progress check is required once every six weeks. The patient can continue everyday activities while getting their teeth straightened.
What Is The Best Way To Clean The Aligners?
Follow the recommendations from your dentist to maintain oral hygiene. It is crucial to keep the aligners clean.
- Remove your aligners to take care of your teeth as usual.
- Clean the aligners by rinsing them in lukewarm water or using special cleaning tablets.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush to brush your teeth after every meal.
- Use fluoride-containing toothpaste for stronger teeth and floss daily.
- Ensure to remove food particles from the teeth before placing the aligners back in your mouth.
What Is The Length Of The Treatment?
- The length of the treatment depends on the complexity of the case. The treatment time is the same as conventional braces. The orthodontic treatment with Invisalign takes about a year to complete.
What Happens When The Treatment Is Completed?
- Once the orthodontic treatment with Invisalign is completed, dentists recommend the use of a retainer. The retainers prevent teeth from gradually shifting back to their initial position. However, every case is different. Whether or not you need retainers is determined by the orthodontist. It is advisable to see a dentist for a thorough examination once your treatment is complete.
If you are confused about selecting the correct tooth straightening procedure, contact Icon Dental Center today. We are one of Everett and Seattle’s best dental and orthodontic specialists. Call us today at (206)-225-2882 to get the best advice for your teeth.